Crunchy Broccoli Salad


This is one of my family's favourite summer salads - especially when the broccoli is fresh from our garden.










INGREDIENTS

2 bunches broccoli (about 1 pound) cut into small florets
1 medium onion, finely chopped (optional)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 strips of cooked, crumbled bacon
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or raisins (optional)
3/4 cup Miracle Whip
4 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar


DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, cheese, bacon and raisins or seeds.

In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and Miracle Whip. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed.

This salad stores well for about a day.


This recipe is also linked to...

Delicious Dishes: Garden Delights
This Week's Cravings: Summer Vegetables
Everyday Sisters' Sharing Sundays: Green

2 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

I have made a salad similar to this and my whole family loved it! I added craisins and it tasted great and added a nice pop of colour.

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I've been looking for this recipe. I tasted this salad and asked for the recipe and they would not share it. I could see and taste the obvious ingredients but didn't know what the "sauce" part was. Thanks!