- 24 paper cupcake liners
- Batter for 24 cupcakes (box mix or your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, it’s your call)
- 24 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 24 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, frozen (freezing the eggs keeps them from completely vanishing inside the baked cake)
- 1 batch of buttercream frosting (or your favourite white frosting)
- yellow dye
- Large Round piping tip or snip the end off of a piping bag.
- Scoop batter into paper liner 2/3 of the way full. Place one frozen Mini Cadbury Creme Egg into the middle of each cupcake. Use a spatula to spread the batter over the egg.
- Bake according to the recipe you are using. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- While your cupcakes are cooking, make your buttercream.
- Remove about 1 cup of buttercream from the mixing bowl and dye it yellow.
- Assemble your piping bag fitted with a large tip and pipe a large circle around the perimeter of the cupcake.
- Fill in the center of the circle with the yellow buttercream and top with a Mini Cadbury Cream Egg.